Organization is not a skill that has come naturally to me. Thankfully, over the years of setting systems in place to keep me organized, I have found some great tools. Evernote.com is a free note taking, organizing and archiving app that works on your computer and phone. It, or other note taking cloud-based software, can help you get your home in order.
Here are some suggestions:
- Take a home inventory for insurance (see link for helpful tips). This can be done by taking a photo of the item of value and its receipt.
- Save invoices and receipts of home improvements. This can be useful when you sell. Here is why it can save you money!
- Keep track of your current paint colors.
- Save warranties and manuals online.
- Collect links and photos of design ideas for upcoming projects.
I hope you find these tips as helpful as I have! How do you use the cloud to keep your home organized?